Benefits of Having a Steam Cleaner on Laminate Floors
With the growing popularity of steam cleaners, there is no surprise why some consider getting one to use in their home. But with several types, brands and functions to choose from, it can prove a difficult task.
1. Steam cleaning is accessible on the joints
Steam cleaning is a lot easier on your joints than mopping or scrubbing the floor. With an average steam mop containing 750 ml of water at any one time, you will have continuous steam to give your floor a good clean without hurting yourself.
3. Steam cleaning is environmentally friendly
Steam cleaning makes use of tap water (filtered or distilled) and requires no extra harsh chemicals, which means that you won’t have to buy them separately. In addition, steam cleaners can also be used with different refillable bottles in case of any waste produced.
4. Steam Cleaning is Safe
Steam cleaners contain hot and distilled water, making them safe to use on most surfaces. However, use on laminate flooring can damage it if exposed for too long.
Pros and Cons of Steam Mops
Here are the pros and cons of using steam mops on laminate flooring
- Steam mops are inexpensive and are a great source of cleaning various surfaces.
- When wet steam comes in contact with laminated wood, the water can warp or distort it. Exposure to heat can cause delamination to laminated flooring.
- The handle of a steam cleaner will also get very hot and burn your skin if you touch it while it is in operation. Make sure that you’re careful when using it.
- When you use a steam mop on laminate floors, be sure to work on small sections at a single time. At times, the water becomes too hot and leaves marks.
- Applying too much oil can leave your floor slippery and cause a dangerous slip hazard for anyone who may walk on the floor.
- If you choose to use a steam cleaner on your laminate flooring, the floor will dry out quicker than using a regular mop.
How to Clean Laminated Floors With a Steam Mop
1. Run your mop over the laminate floor in small areas so that the water or steam doesn’t get too hot. Keep running the mop back and forth over every section until it has been thoroughly cleaned.
2. Replace the pads of your steam mops if they are worn out, as this will reduce the effort you need to put into cleaning your laminate floor and give a better result. Some steam mops also come with a microfiber pad.
3. After you have finished mopping, ensure that the floor is completely dry, as wet mopping can become slippery and dangerous.
4. If you are using a steam mop, only make small sections of your floor damp and then let it dry in-between each section so that the heat from the steam doesn’t damage your laminate flooring.
5. It is also essential to take your time cleaning your laminate floors; rushing through it will leave streaks or streaks if you use too much water or don’t let it dry before using it again.
6. The amount of water needed will vary depending on the size of your laminate flooring, but if you need it, then two cups of water are usually enough.
7. Be sure to leave the mop to get out the excess water before you start cleaning a different section of your laminate flooring.
8. Make sure that you don’t use too much water by first testing it with a few drops of water on top of your laminate flooring to know how much to add to it. If you think it needs more, add some more; however, if you think it is still too wet, turn off the steam and let the laminate dry before cleaning again.
9. Once you have finished cleaning your floor, leave it dry before walking on it again.
10. If you think that your laminate flooring still has a lot of dirt or if you see dirt in small areas, then use the laminate floor cleaning product that comes with your steam mop. This will ensure that the laminate remains in top condition for as long as possible.
11. To remove dirt from your laminate floors, use a wet mop to wipe away all dust and dirt from your floor as well as any spills, spots, stains or marks before putting them on one of our make-up pads or microfiber cloths.
Laminate flooring is a popular choice for many people when replacing the flooring of their homes. They are easy to clean and render a fresh look after getting worked on with a steam mop. While there are many different ways that laminate floors can be cleaned, you should stay away from using chemicals on them as this could damage the finish of your floors, leaving you with an expensive repair job on your hands.